Mothership Women's Festival & Summit 2018
. The Mint, Los Angeles [AGES 18+]
Some feminist spaces feel intimidating. "Am I not political enough?" Straight, gay or not queer enough?
No more "not enough". MOTHERSHIP is a space for ALL women to explore new interests and access their power.
What is MOTHERSHIP? A patriarchy-smashing, day-to-night, women's festival and summit!
Why is it different? MOTHERSHIP is unique because we combine a day of special workshops & panels with a night of epic women's music. There's something for everyone.
Who can come? Women, womxn, non-binary folks, femmes, trans-women.
Where/when is it? MOTHERSHIP is a roving fest. This year it is a one day event: Sept. 22 in sunny Los Angeles. Join us!
Lily Kershaw, Maxine Ashley, Bebe Huxley, Cam Grey, TwoLips, Dirty Rich Kidd, LP Giobbi, Carah Faye, Little Indian, Hannah, Caroline Blaike (ASL), Hazel Rose (Spoken Word)
DAYTIME PROGRAMMING (8am-7pm):
Choose your own adventure, you may choose to participate in any event events that interest you...
- Panel: Harnessing Your Platform to Promote Change
- Eli Erlick, Alexandra Tweten, of @byefelipe, Gabriela Herstik, Christen Austin, Shauntay Hinton, Vonyse Reeder, Amber's Closet
- Plug into Bliss: Restorative Sound Bath
- In Conversation with Astrologer Chani Nicholas
Chani Nicholas (Lead by Nicolette Mason)
- Songwriting for Every Level with the Women of Fuck Shit Up Fest
Merilou Salazar Mayra Cortez
- Toxic Relationships, Self Love, and Feminist Dating with MuMu Mansion
Melinda Alexander // MuMu Mansion
- Sacred, Wild, and Loved: Amba (Embodied) Movement for Women
Samantha Rea & Meghan Mahealani
- Yoga to Overcome Mind Obstacles (Like Anxiety and Depression)
The Strange is Beautiful
- Indigo Dying + Plant Magic
- Embracing Your Bi, Pan, Fluid Identity in a Monosexual World
Nicole Kristal of Still Bisexual
- Yes And… Finding Your Voice with Improv!
- Hair Adornment Station
Panel: Voices of liberationAn intersectional Conversation
Brenda Gonzalez & Melinna Bobadilla, Hosts of the Tamarindo Podcast, Kelley Kim, Marquita Thomas, Mame Adjei, Yazmin Monet Watkins, Bamby Salcedo
- The Joy of Masturbation: Let’s Talk
- Reiki Bloom, Rooted Healings
- Group Masturbation – An Erotic Recess
- Writing Erotica for Self Discovery
Arielle Egozi (Lady Savaj) and Louise Head
- The High Priestess Within: An Intuitive Exploration of the Tarot
- The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability
- Solidarity – It’s What’s for Dinner!
kathleen kane (Intersectional Feminists for Animals)
- Invisible Illness to Vivid Vibrancy
Jasmine Romero, Jess Weiner, Lauren Russell
- Bringing Sexy Back: Pole Dance Movement Workshop
Leigh Ann Reilly
- Witch Bitchery: Reclaiming Your Power with Plant Medicine
- Crystal Power- 10 Stones to Rock Your World
- Consentual Kissing Booth: All About Consent
- The Mindful Glow Up - An Exploration of Mindfulness
- Morning Mimosas
- Food Provided by Mint! (GF/Vegan Options)
- Yummy Pie Babies Food Truck 6pm-Midnight
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
"Out of all the festivals we’ve been to this year, MOTHERSHIP has proven to be the most empowering." - NYLON
"When I say no judgment, my statement stands strong." - GO Magazine
In Partnership with NYLON Magazine
20+ Inspirational workshops and panels
ASL interpretation by Caroline Blaike
Live music by all womxn
This event is exclusively for women/womxn & non-binary people. Thank you for respecting our safe space. It should go without saying that trans women are women. 18+